In case of an application for building lines or height relaxation, Local Authority Councils should take into account various factors and may require the building line and height relaxation in all use zones to be advertised. Factors that need to be taken into account are among others:
- The location of the erf concerned;
- The shape or size of the erf and the location of existing buildings on or in the vicinity of the erf;
- Written comments of the adjacent and affected property owners and if any objections are obtained;
- The possible acquisition of a portion of the erf by the Council for street improvements;
- Location of windows in relation to property boundary;
- Access to the property; and
- Approved building plans and written concent of the neigbours, prior to submission of such an application to the Local Authority Council.