NAMPAB (NAMIBIA PLANNING ADVISORY BOARD)
WHAT IS NAMPAB?
NAMPAB (Namibia Planning Advisory Board) is the board comprising of members appointed by the Minister of Urban and Rural Development. Briefly the purpose of NAMPAB is to:
(1) Advice the Minister of Urban and Rural Development on the Need and Desirability for Township Establishment.
(2) Responsible for overseeing Urban and Regional Planning in the whole country
(3) Supervising all Local Authorities and Regional Councils with regard to planning.
1. Consistency – Precedent / Policy / Laws / Procedures
3. Density / Mixed land-uses
4. Sustainability / Accountability / Transparency
1. Ministerial Strategic Plan
2. Ministerial Annual Plan
3. NAMPAB Strategic Plan: The Board should have a strategy and decide what they want to achieve during their term of office. It was agreed that the Board look at its administrative structure.
Introduce a NAMPAB Sub-committee
Legal rights of a Town Planning Scheme
4. NAMPAB Annual Plan
5. NAMPAB Budget: On request by the NAMPAB members, funds should be appropriated by the Ministry of Urban and Rural Development for any purpose connected with its functions and in particular, the travelling costs of the members.